Mscvp140.dll Missing Error
Mscvp140.dll Error Information
The Mscvp140.dll error is synonymous to problems with the Windows Registry, Malware and Virus issues that could be affecting programs that make use of the DLL file or the whole of your pc.
The program can't start because Mscvp140.dll is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix problem.
The error message of the Mscvp140.dll file can be manifested as:
- Msvcp140.dll Not Found
- This application failed to start because Msvcp140.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem
- Cannot find [PATH]\Msvcp140.dll
- The file Msvcp140.dll is missing
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcp140.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again
- This application failed to start because Msvcp140.dll is missing from your system
This DLL error can appear at any time; either during the installation of the app or at an attempt to start the app. The Mscvp140.dll error can also occur during the shutdown or restarting of the system after a software or hardware failure.
How to fix the Mscvp140.dll error
There are a couple of approaches that can be taken to fix the annoying Mscvp140.dll error that typically pops out when you try to launch an application or a game. Some of the known effective solutions include:
- Check your Recycle bin to check if you haven’t mistakenly deleted the Mscvp140.dll file somehow. If you find the file here, restore it to its original location and retry the application you wanted to run.
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable package MFC security update to your PC. You will need to know if you’re running a 32 or 64-bit version of your Windows operating system to ensure that you select the right version.
- Run the exe file in the folder of the downloaded update and restart your system. Try to run the application again
- Run a malware scan of your entire system. Use a software like Malwarebytes Anti-malware to do a full scan of your system. If you find any infected files, try to quarantine the file and remove the virus or malware that resulted in the infection of the DLL file
- Use system restore to undo the recent changes that you’ve made to your system.
This is particularly helpful if the application producing the error was running fine before you installed a new program or hardware. A system restore will revert your system to the previous version that was working fine without Mscvp140.dll errors
- If you still face the error search for Mscvp140.dll and download it manually. Extract the file and copy it to the appropriate location
- Uninstall the affected program, restart your computer and reinstall the program. This may fix any changes or files skipped that could have occurred during the initial installation.
- Use a registry cleaner to clean the registry. Restart your PC and try to run the game or software again.
- If all of this fail, you should consider repairing your copy of the Windows installed on your PC to repair or replace lost or corrupt DLL files.